Wednesday 2 January 2013

TACTICALLY PINK



This ones for a friend down south. There has been an increase of women interested in practical shooting and of course our sisters who serve side by side with us. As a result of this and a drive by the shooting industry to increase the number of female shooters there has been an increase of stores and manufactures designing gear just for women. I'm not talking about simple industry things like pants and shirts either. Now the most visual has been the amount of PINK Gear flooding the shops and sites. Some of the bigger names are MAGPUL with a full pink line of furniture for her carbine, Remington and Mossberg who have put pink mossy oak on their rifles and shotguns. Or John and the guys at Original SOE Gear who have been using pink thread and materials to make some of the toughest girly gear on the market (not a joke). The one I'm interested in today is a Toronto Area Manufacture and retailer, Kim Page and her baby "PACKING IN PINK" (PIP) who based her business on the premiss “just because I shoot like a man doesn’t mean I have to look like one.” PIP has one of the largest assortments of pink shooter (and I mean shooter) gear and it's not the cheap crap we've seen popping up over the last couple years. PIP has recently started a contract with BLADE-TECH to produce Holsters and Mag Pouches, on top of providing the assortment of women's apparel and safety equipment for the ranges.  I truly applaud Kim and PIP for is their dedication to education and safety as well as continuing the up swing in female shooters. I recently purchased some of the PIP gear for my wife and was taken back by the high quality I saw and the thought put into the pink. So with all this said, I give it about a year before we start seeing completely pink designer rigs and pouches on the ranges to go with the growing number of hello kitty rifles (again not joking).  And you know what, I look forward to it, I would like to see more women educating each other and at the range shooting and I don't care what colour they wear. Wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm certainly a male shooter, I must compliment you on this article. Very well written and I'll be sure to get my wife to have a read of it.

    ReplyDelete