Friday 16 August 2013

BENCHMADE 522 PRESIDIO ULTRA , EDC KNIFE

EDC or EVERY DAY CARRY, is a term used mainly by LEO's, Contractors and Military Pers, but it has been adopted in the US to include those people who"choose" to become certified and legally carry a firearm.  With that, it has spread to other areas of the world and come to include knives, comms, lights, and other pocket items.  Today I want to talk about my very own EDC Knife, the BENCHMADE 522 PRESIDIO ULTRA with the BT2 Coated Blade.





This has been my EDC Knife for over a year now. I picked it up when my previous knife luckily, fell to the bottom of my pocket after the CRKT lost its' clip.

It to
ok me a little while to get used to the 522, as the weight and balance were extremely different then any of my previous knives making it feel off when I opened it. To add to the change the clip is reversed, as well the mechanisms tension and lock were different from the CRKT I had been using for the last six years. So there was a slight change to the motor skills needed to manipulate it with one hand. This was a small matter in the long run as far as I'm concerned.




Things that have impressed me, The fact that despite having been stabbed and stuck into god knows I can't remember, used to cut everything from zip ties and paracord up to wire and bone it hasn't lost its effectiveness or finish. I have yet had the need to hone the edge and there has been very little damage to the cutting edge. The black BT2 Coated Blade has even managed to maintain its' finish with very little chipping or wear. And the handle/guard, not a single nick or scratch. Which is something new for me as I've been able to damage the handle on every knife I've have ever owned.


All in all this is one of the nicest knives I've ever had, bar none. It has performed more effectively then any of my previous ones.  Now I purchased mine while I was abroad, however, if you're looking for one I would take a look at SHEEPDOG TACTICAL for all your BENCHMADE requirements.


No comments:

Post a Comment