Saturday 17 August 2013

ESS CDI MAX BALLISTIC EYEWEAR IN DESSERT TAN

The ESS CDI MAX, is billed as the Original CDI Ballistic Eyewear (BEW) on steroids. Well, I will definitely tell you they work well and are comfortable on the face.



I've been a long time OAKLEY M Frame guy and for lesser days I ran a set of HALF JACKETS. The CDI MAX despite having a more robust polymer frame are a much lighter set of BEW. I can wear these without fatigue to the pressure points on my nose and ears like I get with my OAKLEYs or REVISION FIREFLIES. And unlike the majority of glasses or BEWs they don't fog up on me even remotely close to when I'm running down range wishing the bad man would stop.

Now, they come in black and dessert tan and offer the standard variety of lens tints. This makes them easy to assimilate for those of use who may have a dress code to follow at work. One of the things I really like is the lenses slide into grooves in the frame from the side and lock into place, and once the arms have been extended so you can wear them, they add an additional lock keeping the lenses from being able to fall out.




What's nice about this is that unlike a large majority of BEWs out there that use a single lens anchored to a frame that runs along the top of the lens. The CDI MAX's lenses contact the frame along their entire edge. This means that when you take that shot to the face or little bit of shrapnel and dirt there is a smooth rounded surface keeping the edge of the lens from digging into your cheeks.

Issues I had, and there weren't a lot of them, is the lack of rubber padding on the nose which means they will slide when you get sweaty. And, the case is pretty small for BEW kit that offers so many choices for lenses. The last issue is, if you are one of those people with a hard to face (for what ever reason) these will be a hit or miss item because of the beefy frame.

All in all these have a really good design and a lot of thought put into them and I'm pretty happy with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment